Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How can i maintain my weight once i return home for summer?

when i came to college i had a bad case of the "freshman 15" and it was really difficult for me because i was ALWAYS naturally thin and never had to think abt my weight or how much i ate. now i'm back to my old weight (after a lot of struggle) and i eat healthy. i do however stop myself from eating the same proportions as i use to (wish i could still eat like that!). but now i'm worried that once i go back home for summer that the weight will come back- how can i maintain my current weight and still enjoy the benefits of eating at home?
Answer:
Hello Socks n Heels,I understand how you feel. When I was in college, while I didn't gain the "freshman 15" I did gain the "Junior and Senior 20" thanks to all the rigorous coursework and less time to exercise! :) What really helped me after college was actually understanding how many calories I was burning (on average) and keeping a food diary. It helped me understand the relationships between the foods I was eating and how much I was eating as a result, as well as understanding how much is too much.Sometimes, the best thing to do regarding weight loss is to keep yourself "occupied." If you're bored or just sitting around the house, you constantly have access to food and it makes it very difficult to stay away from those temptations. Sometimes it really helps to just go out for a walk and get your mind off things.Also, drink plenty of water (probably one of the more under-rated solutions).Higher fiber diets, particularly in water soluable fibers which are found mainly in fruits and some vegetables will help keep you "fuller" longer.Finally, as I mentioned before, it really helps to know what your metabolic needs are.While I'm not advertising this service in anyway, because it's a link to a local California company, this website does provide a free online health calculator which is excellent in calculating your metabolism (in fact, there is even a link to this website from the California Dietetic Association, so it is a very reputable site).If you goto: http://www.nutradvice.com/healthylifesty...
They have a calculating tool which can help you get a good idea of how many calories you burn and what your nutrition needs are.I hope this helps and good luck to you!
take a walk or go running outside twice a day (day+night), about 1hr for each time.
hey u can try detox diets to loose weight.detox diets is the natural way to loose weight and it really works.
(detoxmedifastdiets.blogspot.c... )is a great website that has many links for detox diets recipes and tips to loose weight...try the links and loose weight fast at home without exercising

No comments:

Post a Comment