Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How can I maximize my time at the gym?

I have about an hour, maybe an hour and a half that I can spend at the gym during the week and I was wondering how I can maximize my time there. I want to loose extra poundage and get my conditioning up.
I have started by using the eleptical (30 mins) and the bike (15 - 20 mins) and the stairs (15 mins).
Thanks in advance.
Answer:
How many days a week do you have to devote to being at the Gym?If you have only three, try devoting time to both strength training, endurance training, and cardiovascular training within the same day. If you have more, try alternating days: one day do cardio, the next do circuit training.Focus on keeping your heart-rate up and try to rest as little as possible between sets, repititions, and different excercises.Be sure to research what you want to do and don't overexert yourself too early. Good luck!
start changing up each time you go. Maybe one day you do 4 sets of ab crunches and then follow up by 4 sets of Chest presses. Change it up each time.
You could start weight training...It would be good to mix things up a bit too, push yourself and go a little faster for a few minutes, try starting with the bike one day for 30 mins the elliptical for 20 and the stairs for 30...This site helps me out when I'm in a jam...A lot of it has to do with your diet too. Hope this helps...Good Luck
Meet with your Gym's personal trainer, each gym has one and you should have at least 1 free hour with them.The trainer will access your current body shape and fitness level and draw up a plan for you (with your input for the next 6 months).
It should have a beginner, intermediate and expert levels and they will show you where you are in the group for each exercise, since you'll be at different levels for each one.If you have been to the gym for quite a while or have already used your free time, hire the trainer for an hour. It usually runs about $50 but they will often still do it for free, since they are just assessing you and not working with them for motivation (that is what a personal trainers usually charges for).It would be easy to say do this or do that but without looking at you and seeing what your fitness level is the information may be wrong.An hour with a trainer will be your best investment for your body and your time.
I'm trying to lose weight too and it's sooo hard. My aunt is using a weight loss product and it's really working for her. I'm gonna try it and I recommend you try it too. Check their website at
http://www.mesayyes.info , my aunt got a free trial and paid only 6.95$ shipping and handling.

No comments:

Post a Comment