Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How can I motivate myself to go to the gym every day?

I just joined a gym and I want to make sure that I go every day, but I usually go about 2 weeks and then get bored and stop going...how do i make it across the two week mark and make sure that i go everyday for the rest of the summer? (I'm attempting to devote the next four months of my life to getting myself into better shape, eating habits, and hopefully losing between 10 and 20 pounds)
Answer:
Put a picture of a hottie in your fridge.
I am in the same boat but at least you already joined a gym. Paying for the fee alone would motivate me. But seriously, you need to think yourself to go and tell yourself something like if you don't something bad will happen to you. Like when a person needs to take medicine just to stay alive. I know this sounds silly, but think something on those lines and trust me you will end up going.
check if there is group fitness
it's better for you when there are other ppl and an instructor
it's very motivating and fun
In all honesty..you make it a lifestyle. You make it into a regular routine and that is the key. It is like the time you brush your teeth and the time you take your shower. Losing 10 or 20 pounds is great but what's the use if you do it..stop going and gain it back?It will become very fulfilling if you stay with it.
Go with a friend, or bring an iPod or mp3 player ... award yourself after the gym :)

No comments:

Post a Comment