Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How can I quit sweets/candies?

I have a text book sensible breakfast, lunch, dinner. I workout - cardio, weights, yoga, tennis. But I'm 15 lbs over weight cos I am addicted to sweets %26 candies. A typical day would be a flake, a wagon wheel, 1/4 of a chocolate orange, milkyway etc. I hate myself for being held hostage by my cravings. How can I control myself?
Answer:
stop buying them
still eat a few but gradually reduce the amount you eat
if you try stopping completely overnight you'll only end up binging
you have to come down slowlyand try replacing your sweets with carrot or celery sticks
you can even try doing both
for example:
when you pick up your flake cut it in half and replace one half with it's equivalent in carrot
then move on to replacing 3/4 and then the whole thing.you could also brush your teeth right after you've eaten and then try to keep your teeth clean for as long as possible.
Try just stopping cold turkey, it is easier than doing it gradually.
first of all get rid of all the sweets in your house! out of site might not be totally out of mind but it helps. also, eat more sweet tasting fruits like oranges. that will help with the cravings for sugar.
Chew sugarless gum.
Don't buy these items, bypass the chocolate aisle in the supermarket, and take packed lunches to work and no money to buy sweets, thats the only way I can stop myself doing the same thing, good luck
I gave up eating things with PROCESSED sugar gradually, starting with pop, mainly coke. I didnt find it hard if you remove one thing at a time. I don't even put sugar in my coffee anymore. I lost over 20 lbs.And btw, using sugar substitue like Equal庐 %26 Aspartame DOESNT work. It has been proven that when your brain senses the taste of sugar, even a substitute it makes you CRAVE it when you don't have it, and doesnt know the difference pyschological between the fake stuff and the real deal. (Which means you drink a diet pop and an hour later you crave anything with real sugar)
Instead of eating candy, try eating a fruit, you probabley won't like it at the time but it will satisfy your craving for a while?
Well.. that is tough. I love candy and sweets but I don't each them everyday. Just ask yourself "what good is this going to do for me? Is it going to affect my body is a bad way, or a good way" And most of the time you'll come to the conclusion that you dont need the sweets, because they're just plain unhealthy for you.
get rid of all the sweets and everything but you can't not let yourself eat any chocolate or you will want it more
How about buying a really rich bar of dark chocolate with loads of cocoa - it will be so rich you will only be able to eat a few pieces! That is way too much sweets and chocolate but I know how you feel I'm a total chocoholic! Snack on fruit instead or sugar free mints instead. Good luck :)
Eat too many in one day - No seriously. Many years back, cadbury were running a scheme where if you collected 30 wrappers you got a concert ticket. My sister decided she needed 2 more tickets so we went out and bought 60 bars of chocolate and unwrapped them to send off the wrappers. The smell was bad enought to put me off chocolate. I now can't stand the stuff - quite useful really i guess
Substitute the candies with other natural sweets, like if you eat fruit, make a smoothie. Or whenever you want something sweet, eat sorbet or sweet fruits. Make sure you gradually wean yourself off slowly though. I had the same problem, and I went completely off sweets one day, and got bad headaches. I was in withdrawal from candy! I was addicted.
Will power. we r all addicted to choco
Do more exercise when you eat more sweets and less when you don't. Don't control it, just go excess on the exercise.
i used to be addicted to sweet things.the thing was i could leave them out for weeks but a soon as i had 1 sweet i would then go on a binge.the only way to give them up is to stop cold turkey it worked for me ,hope it works for you,bye
Well, I have had success losing weigh (which was from snacking) by switching to natural foods. Reading labels has helped...stay away from corn syrup and anything which is cheap or you can't make by yourself. Fruit is a good snack, esp. dried fruit and organic cereals. Yogurt too...but read the label first to make sure it is not filled with too much sugar or corn syrup.
Another thing that helps is staying busy, and avoiding places where you might be tempted...ah, the coffee shop was hard for me.
You must change your attitude to change sweets %26 candies
to fruits and vegetables.Don麓t even think to be overheight.
Get some more commitment in the act of not scoffing sweeties.Make it known around your workplace/home environment you are giving up sweets, and you want them to sponsor you, that's right! Pick a charity, they all need our help, set a time period, maybe a month, maybe three. Don't cheat yourself and improve your lifestyle and the recipients of the charities! You know your not just letting down yourself, you're letting down those poor puppies/cats/donkeys/children/... of an aliment et cetera
wanna know what I did? Dont buy it.
And also stick the grossest fatty pic you can find of anyone on your fridge and in your purse and when you fancy a choccie bar...YOU WONT DO IT!
It worked for me, I lost 1 stone in 3 weeks.
Good luck!!
Try sugar free candy. Or carob

No comments:

Post a Comment