Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How can I put on weight when I rarely have an appetite?

I was diagnosed with depression 2 years ago. I weighed 155 back then, now I'm at 150. If I don't have an appetite, how can I get one and start putting on pounds? I'm lankier and skinnier than a bean pole. I want to be voracious
Answer:
Here is my bad advice for the day...Have you tried getting stoned?
try to do as little excercise as possible. eat bread %26 frosting tho when you can. yummy %26 pound packing!
haha, nice one Michelle
haha, my suggestion is "Ice Cream (Dreyers)" yummy
I am probably one of the few people who has had both weight problems, trying to take weight off, and try to put weight on. I had to eat in excess of 3000 calories a day just to keep my weight at 110lbs, about 25 lbs under weight. First do not stop exercising, you need to keep your cardiovascular system moving to protect your overall health. I would suggest getting on a good solid schedule, this will help so you don't have to think about this all the time. Eat in smaller meals and don't ever skip breakfast. I found that if i skip breakfast I could go all day without eating, and when I did eat it made me fell sick. When i switched to eating a small breakfast and eating little meals I didn't feel sick and my appetite returned.Foods:
Brown rice
whole wheat pasta
whole wheat cereals
salmon - has lots of healthy fat and more calories than chicken
lots of fruit
try adding herbs to your food, some of them help your appetite - and i don't mean the illegal ones.If your on medication for your depression check with the doctor, some medications can cause you to loose weight and decrease your appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment