Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How can I lose 5lbs in a month?

I'm 15 and would really like to lose a few pounds before I go on vacation and have to wear a bathing suit. What should I do?
Answer:
find calorie/fitness calculator on the net, enter all your stats and it will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain, take off 300-400cal off that number and thats how much you need to lose.
eat 5-6 small meals a day (eat every 2-3 hours)
5-8 servings of fruit and veggies a day
8 glasses of water
have complex carbs for breakfast - they give you energy
have lean meat (protein) for dinner - repairs muscle
cardio exercise 4-6 times a week for 30-50min, light weight training
dont consume foods that are made of white flour (white bread, cakes, past etc.), sugar loaded foods (cookies, icecream, candy etc) and nothing fried, oily.
ofcourse you can spoil yourself once in a while with a little treat:)
The answer is in front of you, you just don't see it.
You can watch how much you eat and make sure it is healthy
work out..you can run a lap or two..
Okay eat blananced diets (lots of fruit for snacks) and lay off the sweets for snax. If you eat ice cream a lot, try to eat Edeys Fat Free. If you eat a lot of popcorn, try butter light or no butter at all.
Hope this helps.
run around a baseball field 3 times a day and dont eat so much =)
i can lose more then 5 pounds in an afternoon by mowing the lawn.
There are alot of ways to do this, but the most important thing is to eat well balanced, small portions %26 to exercise 3-4 times a week. I had the same goal in mind to drop a few before my wedding.
I've tried some fad diets in the past %26 I really don't wanna recommend any of them to you because they are not enjoyable %26 they make you obsessive. So here's the Hailey diet:
I found the best approach was simplicity - to limit my carbohydrates %26 to do cardio for 30 minutes 3x's a week.
I don't believe in the Atkins or completely cutting out carbs cuz that's not healthy, but I do think that getting most of your carbs from fruits, nuts %26 whole grains is important (not just for weight loss, but for over all health), %26 not over doing the carbs in the evening! I also completely cut out refined sugars. If I needed a "treat" I would substitute with sugar-free ice cream/fudge pops or fruit or ONE serving of something with less than 10g of sugar. Anyway, I ended up losing 8lbs in one month.
Here are some tips on what worked for me. I ate 5 times a day - 3 meals of about 300 - 400 cals, %26 2 snacks of about 200 cals. I tried not to exceed 1400 cals, but I didn't obsess. I drank LOTS of water, diet soda %26 green tea in between meals. I only had my rich carbs for breakfast %26 lunch (whole wheat breads, oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, sweet potatoes without butter or sugar). For dinner I would have something like a large piece of fish or lean chicken with a huge salad with chick peas or some kind of beans, light dressing %26 light cheese %26 then fruit or a sugar free snack for dessert. The bottom line for the evening meal was that it was mostly protein %26 veggies %26 low-fat. %26 I didn't eat anything past 8pm.
My favorite snacks were light peanut butter on an apple, or light yogurt with a banana, or carrot sticks with hummus, or whole grain pretzels, or celery with light cream cheese.
Even though there were "restrictions" I put on myself, I didn't ever feel deprived or hungry or irritable like you do on some of those fad diets...%26 I still lost 8lbs!
I really hope this helps! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment